The Samyan Smart City is an area located right in the city center and is the commercial center of Bangkok where it houses various educational institutions, office buildings, shopping malls, as well as, numerous residence projects. This, inevitably, results in a large volume of commuting within the area where a large number of people travel in and out of the district and conduct various activities on a daily basis. Therefore, we recognize the importance of continually improving travel options and select new technologies on a continuing basis that can meet the changing lifestyles of these travelers, enabling access to every point within the area with a variety of travel options by reducing the connection points with the main mass transit system (Seamless Transportation). It is also to support the first and last mile journeys and advocate for efficient vehicle sharing and facilitate convenience through the use of location tracking through an application. Most importantly, every travel option will be based on vehicles that uses clean energy.
Key initiatives for 2021
- A public transport network development project that comprehensively covers the whole area, where access to public transport within a 500 meters walking distance is made available.
- Support into becoming a WALKABLE CITY, with projects to expand footpaths, as well as, creating a COVER WAY to cover the entire area.
- Provide at least 5 travel alternatives in the first and last mile based on clean energy and travel sharing.
Target to 2030
- Policy to promote the reduction of private car use within the area, including supporting the use of clean energy vehicles.
- Install EV Charging Stations covering the entire area that will be able to support charging for at least 200 vehicles, by the year 2024.
- Ensure that executive and university vehicles will be 100% EVs by the year 2027.